The Developer Guide contains practical and technical information for people that want to get into the development of openHAB.
- Get an overview of how the openHAB project work is organised.
- Learn how to contribute to the project.
- Review the coding guidelines and conventions.
- See the details of how to setup an IDE for development.
- Get into the details of implementing bindings.
This guide also covers the technologies that are fundamental to the openHAB Core runtime. If you want to learn some details on those, here are useful introductions to:
- OSGi Declarative Services
- OSGi Configuration Admin
- OSGi Event Admin
- Eclipse Equinox
- Eclipse Tycho
- Eclipse Targetplatform
- OSGi Hands-on